ACCESS PROCEDURE DURING COVID-19
Access procedure for all berth holders, dry stack customers and dinghy owners:
- Access to the marina is by appointment – prior email booking.
- Email in advance providing the Date and time of arrival, number and names of any person visiting (together) with your car registration. Only household members should be accessing boats together in line with Government guidelines.
- Each person in your party will need to complete a COVID-19 Self Declaration form which needs to be brought with you.
- Preferably all bookings need to be made 24 hours in advance, we will do all we can to accommodate you as quickly as we can.
(This will allow us time to update the system and activate your fobs for access on to the pontoons for the day of your appointment.)
This will be by FOB only – no codes will be given.
All your existing fobs will be programmed to allow appropriate access based on you ‘visiting time’ appointment.
Replacement fobs can be pre-ordered and will be waiting for your arrival.
Boat owners should use and retain their own boat keys to minimize handling by marina staff.
If you do not currently have your keys, please let us know in the email and we will arrange for you to pick up your keys and sign the key log accordingly at entry.
If you have on-going works and need contractors to access your boat, we will be happy to retain and issue keys for you.
Please make sure that we know who you allow on your vessel.
Following Government Guidelines at the marina
Please always wear appropriate personal protective equipment when moving around the marina and strictly observe the Government’s social distancing and hand hygiene guidelines.
When on the pontoons please wait on a finger when someone is passing so that you minimise crossing one another. Please use gloves when using trollies, touching taps, power points, gates and ramps etc.
Be considerate in how you clean your vessel.
In an emergency please remember our staff can’t come within 2m unless you have signed a disclaimer.
Toilet and shower facilities
The Toilet and shower facilities locks are deactivated, if you wish to use them please ask on your email and provide your own PPE (mask gloves and hand sanitiser).
We make every effort to keep them clean but can’t clean after every use and they are not big enough to take more than one person at a time safely.
Lifting and Ashore
We are now offering our normal lifting and storage ashore services.
Remember to strictly observe all Government Guidelines on social distancing when interacting with our lifting staff and other customers.
Other marina services and facilities
Mark Mathews at Aspire Chandlery – although not opening the door to the shop he will deliver anything you want from his shop to your boat.
Please note that currently there are no catering outlets open other than take-away ice cream who are running alongside government guidelines. We hope to have the small café up and running for basic coffee and takeaway’s soon.
Dry Stack customers
Bookings will resume when the River Hamble Harbour Master re-opens of the river for full leisure use. Until that time, boats will only be moved for essential work purposes. This can be booked online in the usual way. Once the River use is permitted the following procedures will apply:
- There will be a limit on the number and timing of bookings. This will be programmed into the Boat Cloud application so that you can make your bookings as normal but may find slot availability limited.
- Please complete the booking by indicating not only time of booking but time of return too. Use the Note facility to give us your requirements, including Return time.
- Please be aware when booking your slot that your boat MUST be removed from the marina as soon as it is launched. For this reason, you MUST be at the marina at least 20 minutes before your time of launch.
- Remember to strictly observe all Government Guidelines on social distancing when interacting with our lifting staff and other customers on the pontoons, on their boats and on the water.
We are extending our lifting times from 8am – 8pm on Friday and Saturdays.
Checking of boats
For those of you that are unable to visit your boat and are concerned, our Universal Marina Ambassador, Shelley Jory-Leigh is still offering free live video link service on your boat. Please email Cristina@universalmarina.co.uk with your request.
We hope you understand that we are doing all we can to facilitate a return to what will be a new normal for us all. We are carefully monitoring all the Government updates to ensure we are taking the best action at the right time. Our priority continues to be the health and safety of all our customers and staff at Universal Marina.
Keep safe and I hope to see meet you again soon.
Avia and the Marina Team